Information about the current developments in Pottawatomie County related to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The Coronavirus Pandemic (COVID-19) is impacting people’s lives everywhere in the world. We will provide current information on the development in Pottawatomie county (Oklahoma). For more general information, please visit the World Health Organisation’s website. We also provide a coronavirus news ticker for Mayes County.
- Oklahoma State Department of Health Call Center (24/7): 877-215-8336
- Governor’s “Safer at Home” executive order
- CDC Info Video on Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Employee Rights (FFCRA)
- Drive Through Testing Sites nearby
- What to do if you are sick
Join the Shawnee Happy Hour Zoom Bingo Party on Thursdays for some social distance fun here.
Pottawatomie County is opening drive-thru COVID-19 testing clinic. More information here.
The Tulsa Mayor G.T. Bynum has issued mandatory shelter-in-place order for all citizens of all ages through April 16. Norman and Oklahoma City have also issued shelter-in-place orders.
There are now 377 positive cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) in Oklahoma. Two in Pottawatomie county. The total number of deaths in Oklahoma has increased to 15.
A Declaration of Emergency within the City of Shawnee has been issued. As of March 20th, 2020 at 1:15 P.M. The Declaration of Emergency has been amended as follows:
- All bars, lounges, hookah bars, cigar bars and vaping bars and lounges shall be closed to the public. All restaurant dining rooms shall be closed to the public, although drive-thru, carry-out and delivery options are strongly encouraged.
- All local gyms, dance studio’s, exercise facilities, recreation centers, spas, and sporting facilities shall be prohibited from operating or opening to patrons.
- All essential grocery and retail establishments shall daily provide at least one ( 1) hour of controlled access to patrons age 55 and over.
Telephone-based mass notifications systems are used by thousands of public safety agencies across the United States to warn citizens about local emergencies, hazards and other threats. Hyper-Reach, a state of the art emergency notification system designed specifically for public safety is bringing this same life-saving capability to Shawnee. Landline phones are automatically enrolled for alerts, but alerts to mobile phones and email addresses are only included when people enroll. Residents and people who work in the City of Shawnee are encouraged to enroll now either by calling or texting “Alert” to 405-915-0029 or by going to the website:
Shawnee Public Schools are providing meal delivery for students – the
route is located here
- Tecumseh Public Schools are providing free meals for students –
students can either pick up meals each day at the school from
Cross-Timbers Elementary at 1111 W. Highland Street between 11am and
1pm or meal delivery via bus route dropoff
- Bethel Public Schools are providing free meals for students –
drive-thru service next to the upper cafeteria Monday to Friday from
8am to 10am
- McLoud – drive through pickup on the south side of the Early Childhood
building; Monday thru Friday; breakfast 7:30 to 8:30; lunch 11:30 to
- Asher Public Schools – Grab N Go meal service – drive thru on the
south end of main building from 10am to noon; any child 18 and under
- Earlsboro Public Schools – 10am to noon curb pickup in the circle turn
behind the school
- Macomb – 8am to noon buses will bring food to bus stops
- Maud Public Schools – Monday through Friday 10am to noon for anyone 18
years and under
- Pleasant Grove – drive-by pick-up 10:30-11:30 Monday through Friday
The Community Market has shifts open for volunteers during the weekday
and weekend. The contact person is Emily Heath at
email@example.com phone number 405-788-4957 ext. 106.
The YMCA is offering child care for first responders and other
individuals deemed critical. The YMCA phone number is 405-273-4386
Donate to Shawnee YMCA here.
Here you can find Virtual Exercise Classes: Shawnee YMCA / YMCA 360, https://ymca360.org/
- Care Package SSM Employees, SSM Health (Hospital) –
- Donate Food, University Baptist Church , 405-765-3542, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donate Financially, United Way of Pottawatomie County,
Find a list of all Shawnee restaurants doing takeout, curbside and delivery here.
Prescription or Grocery Delivery, Life.Church Shawnee, (405)-695-6600
Elder Grocery Shopping 5:00 am – 6:00 am — Shawnee Firelake Discount
Foods — https://www.firelakefoods.com/
Elder Grocery Shopping 6:00 am – 7:00 am — Tecumseh, McCloud Firelake
Discount Foods — https://www.firelakefoods.com/
Daily Dinner and Snack Daily for ages 0-18, Boys and Girls Club, Call